Saturday, August 19, 2006

Old doors in Liverpool 1


These are old images I painted in 1997 as part of a school project whilst at John Moore's University - Liverpool school of art. They were painted with inks, bleach & quink on A4 cartridge paper as a study of textures and decay.
Liverpool was full of old buildings, even in the centre of the city. Most of the doors I painted all came from the same street. Some were old ware house entrances and others were an ancient and long forgotten theatre, the back entrance to a night club and a boarded up old house due for demolition.

4 comments:

Cyan said...

Wow! This entire series is impressive. The first thing that draws me is the texture, particularly of the bricks and the woodgrain, and then I noticed all of the lighting detail.

The ones that I'm most drawn to are #1, #4, and #7, but they're all beautiful.

moif said...

Thanks. I've always wanted to do a similar series of pictures devoted to decayed vehicles and machines but never gotten around to it.

I'll be adding more images and links to this blog as I go along.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

All these pics are really neat !!!

moif said...

Thanks Andrew