I've actually never made a full sized canvas painting, but I intend to... given enough life time in which to shift my lazy carcass into gear. At the moment I am planning and plotting, sketching and playing with idea's... well maybe not so many idea's actually. Just the subjective thought of a some what robust Medusa... a nude, in warm and dark colours with a great heaving mass of snakes around her head... I'm not sure how much of her face I'll put in though. Maybe I'll cover it with snakes since Medusa was said to be so ugly she could turn people to stone. Ugly as the picture may end up, I wouldn't want to turn people to stone...


2 comments:
I love the sketches that you've done. This is going to be a supremely beautiful painting.
This is a longer term project than any of the other things I'm doing at the mo so its going to be a lot of sketches and idea's first. I'm also planning on two other paintings to be done at the same time. One is a Maltese sleeping goddess and the other, the Minotaur himself.
Post a Comment