Sunday, November 11, 2007

Arnold 01

These images were done for a childrens book called Arnold (thats him above). The author paid for them himself and had quite a lot to say about composition, colouring and so on. It was actually a very time consuming project but I learned a lot along the way. The images themselves were pretty easy and I enjoyed painting them. This was the first time I'd used guache paints too.

The story revolves around an unknown type of animal found in the Amazon rainforest. One of these, the afore mentioned Arnold embarks on a series of adventures eventually ending up in Denmark. The author had originally told these stories to his kids and after years of making up stories had written them in to a manuscript for his grand children which he intended to publish, paying the costs himself if necessary. I don't know if the book was ever published.

No comments: