










These are illustrations I've done at work for a guide book being published by a psychiatric support group. They're not my best work, but they are the first large project I've done in a good few years, so I'm very pleased with them. There was a certain element of hurry involved in the project, which is something I'm not used to, but will have to learn. Deadlines were never my strong point. They were painted with gouache on airbrush paper, though by rights they should have been painted on water stretched cartridge paper and would have been if I were deeper in the groove.
The time constraint also meant that I didn't obsess about details as I normally would have done. From that perspective, I am not happy about the lack of shadows and highlights on many of the figures, but I have to cut the cord and move on to the next project and try to be more concise in future.





No comments:
Post a Comment