Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rocketmans adventures in Photoshop


Initial line art, drawn by hand. Scanned at 300 dpi and converted to vector in Adobe Illustrator. so far so good.

First attempt at colouring in Adobe Photoshop, using my Wacom board. A problem arises. Bringing the image into Photoshop destroys the vector and small pixel noise interupts the image by creating white noise around the black lines. The colours have their own layer, but this makes no difference.

Second attempt. Using an online tutorial, I make lots and lots of layers one for each own colour, each shadow of each colour and for each highlight of each colour. Half way through the tutorial I give up as its taking too long and seems inflexible in the application of tones.

Third attempt. Work in progress. I go back to the original vector drawing and this time, I run the contrast on the line art layer to the maximum. The line gets very pixelated, but it works. no more pixel noise. Note to self; scan at 1200 dpi next time.

Colour layer finished (except for the yellow buckles). No effect layer.

No comments: