This is the first stage of an image I am working on for fun (I'm hoping its going to be a Rocketman illustration). So far all I have is a simple sketch and a vague idea of what the finished image should look like. I've found a decent reference picture of a superb car (an Alvis Special from 1935) on Wikipedia (so no copyright infringement) and I've used it to make the set of templates you see above. The idea being to eventually use each vector shape made in illustrator as a mask for painting in photoshop. Once I've finshed the template, I'll have to work out the rest of the image, and draw the people riding in the car. The idea is to have one them driving (of course) and the other firing a gun at another car behind them (of course). I haven't quite decided about the back ground yet, but the car is meant to be travelling at very high speed so the road and back ground will have to convey this.Oh, and the whole thing should have a 1930's feel to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment